    SubjectRe: [patch 4/6] ps3: Disk Storage Driver
    On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, David Miller wrote:
    > From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
    > Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:15:45 +0100

    > > > Because no new fake SCSI drivers are accepted anymore.
    > >
    > > Where did drivers/ata come from ;)
    > >
    > > How about making it a fake ata driver if James is being fussy 8)
    >
    > That sounds like a good idea for my virtual I/O case on
    > Niagara too actually :-)
    >
    > Another quirk I have to deal with is that under LDOMs you
    > can export full disks and also just slices. So I'll have
    > to get down into the partition machinery to support that
    > somehow.

    The PS3 hypervisor also splits each device in regions (cfr. partitions), with
    different access rights depending the OS that runs on top of it. The old
    virtual SCSI driver treated each region as a separate LUN.

    As currently only one region can be accessed by Linux anyway, I didn't bother
    supporting multiple accessible regions in the new storage drivers.

    With kind regards,

    Geert Uytterhoeven
    Software Architect

    Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
    The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

    Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
    Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
    E-mail: Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
    Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

    Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
    A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
    Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
    VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
    Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619

      Last update: 2007-06-16 08:25    [W:0.026 / U:0.500 seconds]