    On Jun 15, 2007, Daniel Hazelton <dhazelton@enter.net> wrote:

    > On Friday 15 June 2007 15:49:00 Alexandre Oliva wrote:
    >> >
    >> > And where in GPLv2 is "Freedom #0"?
    >>
    >> It may sound like thin evidence for someone arriving from Venus today,
    >> but the preamble talks about "free software", some passages clearly
    >> imply that software under this license is "free software", the license
    >> is published by the Free Software Foundation, and the Free Software
    >> Foundation has a published definition of Free Software that
    >> establishes the 4 freedoms.

    > And that doesn't matter.

    Doens't matter for what?

    To indicate what the Linux copyright holders meant? Sure it doesn't.
    I never claimed it did.

    To indicate what the authors of the GPL meant? To indicate the spirit
    of the license they wrote? Yes, it matters a lot.

    And the latter is what my participation here is all about: to show
    that the spirit didn't change at all.

    Until you acknowledge and understand this, I should refrain from
    answering your other postings.

    FSF Latin America Board Member http://www.fsfla.org/