    Once upon a time, Alexandre Oliva  <> said:
    >But at least my participation in this thread was to show that GPLv3
    >does not indeed change the spirit, unlike others who missed or
    >misunderstood the spirit claimed.

    What you continue to miss is that "the spirit of the GPL" is some
    mystical thing that is not well-defined. You have one iterpretation,
    and this thread has shown that others have other interpretation.

    >It is not fair to claim that GPLv3 changes the spirit of the GPL.

    For some people it is fair, because they have interpreted the GPLv2
    differently than others for 15 years now. Obviously Linus feels that
    the spirit of the GPLv2 is exactly what he wanted and that it allows
    TiVo to lock down their hardware. You obviously disagree.

    Stop telling everyone else they are wrong and you are right when they
    disagree with your intepretation. The GPLv2 never defines "the spirit
    of the GPL" so others are free to get different meanings from it.

      Last update: 2007-06-15 23:55    [W:0.020 / U:181.916 seconds]