    On Jun 15, 2007, Daniel Hazelton <> wrote:

    > And it doesn't *MATTER* what they intended, or what they feel the "spirit" of
    > the license is. The second they made it public and gave people the option of
    > applying the GPL to their projects their intent lost all meaning - because
    > the intent of all the people that decided to release their projects under the
    > GPL also has to be taken into account.

    But at least my participation in this thread was to show that GPLv3
    does not indeed change the spirit, unlike others who missed or
    misunderstood the spirit claimed.

    It is fair to claim that GPLv3 does not represent their intentions.

    It is not fair to claim that GPLv3 changes the spirit of the GPL.

    Alexandre Oliva
    FSF Latin America Board Member
    Red Hat Compiler Engineer aoliva@{,}
    Free Software Evangelist oliva@{,}

      Last update: 2007-06-15 23:29    [W:0.041 / U:6.520 seconds]