    On Thursday 14 June 2007 19:20:19 Alexandre Oliva wrote:
    > > But not within the confines of the Linux kernel. Within the Linux kernel,
    > > the GPLv2 rules - and "GPLv2+" becomes just "GPLv2", since the GPLv3 is
    > > not compatible with v2.
    >
    > I understand this very well. You'd have to get the kernel upgraded to
    > GPLv3 in order to accept the contribution.

    Why do you keep saying "upgraded" to GPLv3? How is it an improvement to move
    from a small, simple, elegant, and tested implementation to something that's
    more complicated, less elegant, less coherent, totally untested, and full of
    numerous special cases?

    Bumping a version number is not in indicator of quality, and spending over
    twice as much text to express the same legal principles is not an
    improvement. So far, you haven't brought up a single reason to use v3 except
    for a higher version number. (Not that I'm asking you to.) You've just
    tried to argue that it isn't WORSE than the existing license.

    Rob
    - Ken Thompson.