    On 6/14/07, Dave Neuer <mr.fred.smoothie@pobox.com> wrote:
    > On 6/14/07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
    > > Nothing prevents you from taking tivos kernel
    > > changes and building your own hardware to run that code on, and as such
    > > the spirit of the GPL v2 seems fulfilled.
    >
    > Oh, come on: you're not serious, right? Something indeed prevents me
    > -- the fact that I'm not a hardware manufacturer, I don't have fabs,
    > outsource vendors to provide me w/ designs, ASICs, etc. Nor to I have
    > the money to pay one-off prices for various components if they're even
    > available in batches that small.

    So your objection here is that one needs additional resources to do
    excersise their rights. Well, what about spending time and money to
    get education to be able to do programming work? Being able to
    understand C and hardware, etc is also an additional restriction
    imposed on an average person. Do you advocate that every copy of GPL
    program should be accompanied with an engineer who would explain how
    it all works?

    --
    Dmitry