    SubjectRe: call for more SD versus CFS comparisons (was: Re: [ck] Mainline plans)
    2007/6/12, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>:

    > * Tobias Gerschner <tobias.gerschner@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I did run massive_intr.c for 60 secs with increasing nproc (
    > > 10,20,30,40,50,60) waiting for effects.
    > >
    > > Below a small table of the results
    > >
    > > 2.6.21.1-cfs-v16
    > >
    > > nproc , usability result
    > >
    > > 10 , serious frame drops , Firefox hardly recognizes clicked links,
    > > but still usable
    > > 20 - 30, usability loss ( somehow under cfs firefox never finished
    > > user requests like displaying web pages or opening new pages , no
    > > feedback anymore, sudden changes on the desktop )
    >
    > ouch! The expected load-testing result under CFS should be something
    > like this:
    >
    > http://bhhdoa.org.au/pipermail/ck/2007-June/007817.html
    >
    > could you send me the output of /proc/sched_debug? (while say a
    > "massive_intr 20" is running?)
    >
    > Roughly what hardware do you have? (could you send me your lspci -v
    > output and dmesg output?)
    >
    > Ingo

    Hi,

    it's a peacock freeliner xp II. Close to 5 year old Laptop with an
    Athlon XP 2600+ using 1 GB of RAM / no swap enabled.

    The other information will be sent as soon as I am back at work .

    regards

    --
    Tobias Gerschner
    Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.