    SubjectRe: [patch 3/3] Enable Aggressive Link Power management for AHCI controllers.
    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:46:56 -0400
    Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:

    > Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > >> The new SATA ones use the SATA hardware hotplug ;-) Just like the pci-e
    > >> cards use usb2.0 and pci-e hotplug...
    > >
    > > Yes, but they'll also send an ACPI interrupt even if the SATA host
    > > controller doesn't - it's part of the spec for bays.
    >
    > Regardless, having a laptop does not imply having a docking bay.
    >
    > Jeff

    For bay devices, we can use ACPI just like we do now. For non-bay devices,
    we can implement hotplug via polling when ALPM is enabled. In my experience
    most laptop vendors implement extra drive as either PATA in a dock station,
    USB in a dock station, or a bay device either on the dock station, or
    on the laptop itself.

    Kristen

      Last update: 2007-06-12 18:33    [W:0.024 / U:58.792 seconds]