SubjectRe: VIA C7 / VIA PC-1 (PC2500) anyone?
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:21:43 +0400
Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:

> I bought a VIA PC2500 board a few days ago - this
> new series of their mobos,
>
> This beast looks nice - after replacing their cooling
> system (that had a small fan on it) with larger but
> fanless, -- it becomes a almost real PC (1500MHz CPU),
> equipped with quite nice crypto and multimedia abilities,
> but with very low power consumption and very quiet.
>
> But the thing is - it doesn't quite work.

That is usually memory or motherboard timings. memtest86+ will miss a lot
of problems on these boards for some reason I don't really fathom
although its still a worthwhile test you did

I'd be interested to knowwhat the following do

Bad RAM check:
Boot with mem= to limit to the bottom 256MB of RAM
(Windows tends to use different areas of RAM to Linux the most so
your report fits that)

Stress testing:
Go into X in a high resoution, starting running a continuous
copy to or from disk and see if its suddenely much less stable

Disabling power management

  Last update: 2007-06-12 12:41    [W:0.058 / U:0.176 seconds]