    SubjectRe: [patch-mm 00/23] High resolution timer updates and x86_64 support
    Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > The following patch series contains:
    >
    > - dyntick bugfixes for -mm (caused by the cpuidle changes in ACPI)
    >
    > - updates and improvements to high resolution timer / dynticks
    >
    > - high resolution timer / dynticks support for x86_64
    >
    > The x86_64 support is based on an initial patch from Chris Wright. Thanks Chris !
    >
    > The patch set has been tested in the -hrt and -rt trees for quite a while
    > and the initial problems have been sorted out. Thanks to the folks from the
    > PowerTop project for testing and feedback.
    >
    > The -hrt tree at http://www.tglx.de/projects/hrtimers/2.6.22-rc4/ contains
    > also an hpet force patch series from Venki Pallipadi, but I leave this up to
    > Venki to send it mainline wards.

    Do you know if there's anything specific in there that would fix
    the start-up race condition with HRTIMERS on my machine here
    (previously discussed, yet unresolved)?

    It still happens sporadically on boot-up -- maybe one in 10 boots without
    any change in the kernel binary..

    Cheers

      Last update: 2007-06-11 00:49    [W:0.022 / U:30.584 seconds]