SubjectRe: [patch-mm 00/23] High resolution timer updates and x86_64 support
Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The following patch series contains:
> - dyntick bugfixes for -mm (caused by the cpuidle changes in ACPI)
> - updates and improvements to high resolution timer / dynticks
> - high resolution timer / dynticks support for x86_64
> The x86_64 support is based on an initial patch from Chris Wright. Thanks Chris !
> The patch set has been tested in the -hrt and -rt trees for quite a while
> and the initial problems have been sorted out. Thanks to the folks from the
> PowerTop project for testing and feedback.
> The -hrt tree at contains
> also an hpet force patch series from Venki Pallipadi, but I leave this up to
> Venki to send it mainline wards.

Do you know if there's anything specific in there that would fix
the start-up race condition with HRTIMERS on my machine here
(previously discussed, yet unresolved)?

It still happens sporadically on boot-up -- maybe one in 10 boots without
any change in the kernel binary..