SubjectRe: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v14

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, S.?a?lar Onur wrote:

> Seems like this piece of hardware is dieing [For a while my laptop starts to
> poweroff suddenly without any log/error etc] and i think all these problems
> caused by this. Or at least/ for me/ this laptop (sony vaio fs-215b) is not a
> stable test bed for this kind of human involved testings.

Has it been hot where you are lately? Is your fan working?

Hardware that acts up under load is quite often thermal-related,
especially if it starts happening during summer and didn't happen before
that... ESPECIALLY the kinds of behaviours you see: the "sudden power-off"
is the normal behaviour for a CPU that trips a critial overheating point,
and the slowdown is also one normal response to overheating (CPU
throttling).

Linus

  Last update: 2007-06-01 17:35    [W:0.134 / U:1.064 seconds]