    SubjectRe: Kernel utf-8 handling
        Hi CaT :)

    * CaT <cat@zip.com.au> dixit:
    > On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:20:58PM +0200, DervishD wrote:
    > > This said, I know that the console will give me no problems
    > > regarding character representantion (heck, I'm pretty sure that I will
    > > be able to use even the same font I'm using right now in the console if
    > > I get the proper unicode map), but probably will give me problems when
    > > *entering* characters. I've read that the kernel handles accented chars,
    > > and things like '?' (ntilde) because it assumes that any composed
    > > character (composed using dead keys, for example) is in the latin1
    > > range. While this is not a perfect behaviour, it will work for me.
    >
    > Hmmm. I've not yet played with moving to utf-8 but would
    >
    > man console_codes
    >
    > be of help to you?

    Not, because I already know the escape sequence to go back and forth
    to utf-8 mode O:)) I'm going to carry some tests using Ubuntu, but since
    that is a distro I'm not sure if I will be able to apply the same
    solutions and mechanisms to my do-it-yourself box.

    Thanks anyway for answering :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado