SubjectRe: [patch 128/197] freezer: add try_to_freeze calls to all kernel threads
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 May 2007 17:29, Gautham R Shenoy wrote:
>> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:20:47PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
>>> Let me point out that the usual process would be
[...to do it in one go....]
>> Well, a couple of RFC's have already been sent with this regard.
>> Most of these recent freezer changes resulted due to the discussions
>> that took place over these RFC's.
[...]
> I feel I ought to explain why it's ended up in this state.
>
> This is not a new patch. It's been in -mm since 2.6.21-rc2-mm1 (at least)
> and we hoped to have the selective freezing of the system for different events
> done before the 2.6.22 merging window would open. It didn't happen, mainly
> for reasons that we couldn't control, and now we have some patches that
> depend on this one and are more urgent, since they're needed to fix some bugs.

OK, thanks once more for the explanations.

[...]
>> Will keep you posted on the freezer developments from now on.
>
> Me too.

Well, the mistake on my part was that I didn't pull -mm regularly,
otherwise I would have automatically seen the change to the one kthread
I am interested in.

Thanks,
--
Stefan Richter