SubjectKconfig text confusion: Battery Class Support?
Hi all,

I know writing decent Kconfig help entries is an obscure art, but can
we please try harder to make the help, y'know, helpful? See below for
my experience with 2.6.21-mm1.

How come the Kconfig help for EXTERNAL_POWER says "is mandatory for
battery class support" and I still get prompted for "Battery class
support" when I say N?

How come both these entries are of form "Foo (FOO)? -- Say Y here to
enable foo."? Shouldn't we assume the reader knows what Y means?

How about:

Battery class support (BATTERY) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) ?

This allows battery monitoring by userspace via sysfs (if
available) and/or APM kernel interface (if selected below). Say
Y or M if building a kernel for a laptop.

I don't even understand the CONFIG_EXTERNAL_POWER enough to comment on
that one 8(

Rusty.
==
*
* External power support
*
External power kernel interface (EXTERNAL_POWER) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) ?

Say Y here to enable kernel external power detection interface,
like AC or USB. Information also will exported to userspace via
/sys/class/external_power/ directory.

This interface is mandatory for battery class support.

External power kernel interface (EXTERNAL_POWER) [N/m/y/?] (NEW)
*
* Battery devices
*
Battery class support (BATTERY) [N/m/y/?] (NEW) ?

Say Y here to enable battery class support. This allows battery
monitoring by userspace via sysfs (if available) and/or APM
kernel interface (if selected below).

Battery class support (BATTERY) [N/m/y/?]

  Last update: 2007-05-06 14:11    [W:1.798 / U:0.012 seconds]