    SubjectRe: [patch 14/22] pollfs: pollable futex
    On Sun, 6 May 2007 00:50:47 -0700 "Ulrich Drepper" <drepper@gmail.com> wrote:

    > > I really do not understand your point. You're too smart to not appreciate
    > > the beauty and the simmetry of objects that responds to a common interface
    > > (our files, win32 handles), and that fits our existing kernel infrastructure.
    >
    > You're blinded by this symmetry. Not everything that looks like a
    > good fit is a good idea. This is one case. Get over it, poll is not
    > powerful enough to serve as the unifying event mechanism.

    What is your position on the timerfd/signalfd/etc patches?

    Seems to me that if we were to have fancy new event-delivery machinery
    like kevent then the timerfd/signalfd work is heading in the other
    direction and ultimately would prove to have been unneeded?

      Last update: 2007-05-06 21:59    [W:0.047 / U:59.544 seconds]