SubjectRe: [RFC 2/3] SLUB: Implement targeted reclaim and partial list defragmentation
On Sat, 5 May 2007, Andi Kleen wrote:

> clameter@sgi.com writes:
> >
> > NOTE: This patch is for conceptual review. I'd appreciate any feedback
> > especially on the locking approach taken here. It will be critical to
> > resolve the locking issue for this approach to become feasable.
>
> Do you have any numbers on how this improves dcache reclaim under memory pressure?

How does one measure something like that?

I wanted to first make sure that the thing is sane. If there is a gaping
race here then I may have to add more code to cover that.

  Last update: 2007-05-05 17:45    [W:0.069 / U:5.432 seconds]