SubjectRe: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...)
Uwe Bugla wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:48:50 +0400
> Von: Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@gmail.com>
> An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@gmx.de>
> CC: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, mchehab@infradead.org, mrechberger@gmail.com, mkrufky@linuxtv.org, xyzzy@speakeasy.org
> Betreff: Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...)
>
>> Uwe Bugla wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Manu,
>>>
>>> But it would be an acceptable compromise FOR NOW, wouldn't it?
>>
>> The reason is i do not wish to make changes to it, till i can fix it. It
>> is indeed hard to fix things that support a lot of devices, with
>> different issues. There are enough of issues in there.
>>
>> You can look at all those frontend not found issues on the DVB ML.
>>
>> The people who make all these noise, do nothing but just play politics.
>> Just do a search on the linux-dvb ML at gmane.org. You can easily find
>> them.
>>
>>> Waiting for your link meanwhile to download that hopeful project...
>> http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/cx878_41?ca=43abfe89c2c9;type=bz2
>
> Sorry Manu,
>
> incorrect link!
> Why?
>
> If you download the thing as tar.bz2 you get a zero file down.

I think could be a bug in hgweb probably.

> However, if you download the thing as tar.gz you will succeed in getting it.

Ok. The gzip archive should be as good as the bzip archive, just that it
is slightly larger.

> I'll sit down this evening, try to make changes to imply it into the actual mercurial tree, produce necessary patches and give you a bug report as far as the compilation errors are concerned.
>
> I am really looking forward to see this fantastic thing finished....
> It's worth it for a thousands of very good reasons, not only RAM optimization, but also stability and many many others...
>
> So gimme some time, and perhaps please supply a tar.bz2 version if you can, or fix the download error (zero file) if there is any other reason that I cannot see.

Let me see why hgweb gives a zero length archive

  Last update: 2007-05-03 18:19    [W:0.108 / U:0.224 seconds]