[lkml]   [2007]   [May]   [29]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
SubjectRe: [RFC] LZO de/compression support - take 6
I just noticed a bug in my testbed/benchmarking code. It's fixed, but I 
decided to compare version 6 of the code against the *unsafe* decompressor
again. The results of the three runs I've put it through after changing it to
compare against the unsafe decompressor were startling. `Tiny's` compressor
is still faster - I've seen it be rated up to 3% faster. The decompressor,
OTOH, when compared to the unsafe version (which is the comparison that
started me on this binge of hacking), is more than 7% worse. About 11% slower
on the original test against a C source file, and about 6% slower for random
data. However, looking at the numbers involved, I can't see a reason to keep
the unsafe version around - the percentages look worse than they are - from 1
to 3 microseconds. (well, the compressed-cache people might want those extra
usecs - but the difference will never be noticeable anywhere outside the

[unhandled content-type:application/x-tbz]
 \ /
  Last update: 2007-05-30 01:35    [W:0.079 / U:3.604 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site