    SubjectRe: pcmcia resume 60 second hang. Re: [patch 00/69] -stable review

    On Sun, 27 May 2007, Matthew Garrett wrote:

    > As far as I can tell the PPC code simply shuts down the devices without
    > worrying about userspace at all. If this was reliable, what prevents us
    > from simply disabling the freezer for STR?

    Personally, I think that's the right thing to do.

    And by "disabling the freezer", I think we should just not call it at all.
    However, sadly, right now it's called from common code. I'll happily take
    a tested patch to split that code sequence up, and try to do it in 2.6.23,
    if somebody has the energy (I'm getting to the point where I may just do
    it myself, but my lazy nature still hopes for a STR person to step
    forward).

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-05-27 18:31    [W:0.029 / U:211.276 seconds]