SubjectRe: PCIE
 > I am now wondering whether the usage of MSI would help in this case and
> that i should be using enable_msi before request_irq ?

MSI interrupts are never shared. So if pci_enable_msi() succeeds, you
can be sure that the interrupts you get with that IRQ number are
coming from your device.

But using MSI does not work on all systems, so your driver needs to
work with standard (possibly shared) INTx interrupts too. And you
should probably provide at least a module flag to disable the use of
MSI, to avoid problems on buggy systems.

- R.

  Last update: 2007-05-25 05:29    [W:0.294 / U:0.272 seconds]