    SubjectRe: PCIE
     > I am now wondering whether the usage of MSI would help in this case and
    > that i should be using enable_msi before request_irq ?

    MSI interrupts are never shared. So if pci_enable_msi() succeeds, you
    can be sure that the interrupts you get with that IRQ number are
    coming from your device.

    But using MSI does not work on all systems, so your driver needs to
    work with standard (possibly shared) INTx interrupts too. And you
    should probably provide at least a module flag to disable the use of
    MSI, to avoid problems on buggy systems.

    - R.

      Last update: 2007-05-25 05:29    [W:0.019 / U:50.196 seconds]