SubjectRe: [INPUT] i8042 not detecting AUX port
> Hi,
> On Tuesday 22 May 2007 18:23, Emmanuel Fusté wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just to let you know that since I jumped from 2.6.16 to
> > and 2.6.21, I need the i8042.noloop option to get the
> > AUX port detected.
> > Without this option, the kernel silently omit the AUX port,
> > only the KBD port is detected.
> >
> > If Dmitry is interested by a debug log, I will recompile a
> > kernel with i8042.debug support.
> You do not need to recompile anymore, just boot with
Ok loglevel=8 and i8042.debug do the trick.

> > I will try first to add the patch from Roland Scheidegger
> > witch is in the Linus tree.
> I doubt it will help, but I'd appreciate a dmesg with debug
> from 2.6.21 or 2.6.22-rc2.
You will find attached two gziped complete boot/shutdown
logfiles. One with noloop one without.
I did not try to recompile the kernel, I'm still busy updating
the machine which did not have inet connectivity and it is a
slow machine (which need a recompiled SMP kernel first).
I hope it could help to spot the problem.

Créez votre adresse électronique
1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.
[unhandled content-type:application/gzip][unhandled content-type:application/gzip]