    SubjectRe: [INPUT] i8042 not detecting AUX port
    > Hi,
    > On Tuesday 22 May 2007 18:23, Emmanuel Fusté wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Just to let you know that since I jumped from 2.6.16 to
    > > and 2.6.21, I need the i8042.noloop option to get the
    > > AUX port detected.
    > > Without this option, the kernel silently omit the AUX port,
    > > only the KBD port is detected.
    > >
    > > If Dmitry is interested by a debug log, I will recompile a
    > > kernel with i8042.debug support.
    > You do not need to recompile anymore, just boot with
    Ok loglevel=8 and i8042.debug do the trick.

    > > I will try first to add the patch from Roland Scheidegger
    > > witch is in the Linus tree.
    > I doubt it will help, but I'd appreciate a dmesg with debug
    > from 2.6.21 or 2.6.22-rc2.
    You will find attached two gziped complete boot/shutdown
    logfiles. One with noloop one without.
    I did not try to recompile the kernel, I'm still busy updating
    the machine which did not have inet connectivity and it is a
    slow machine (which need a recompiled SMP kernel first).
    I hope it could help to spot the problem.

    Créez votre adresse électronique
    1 Go d'espace de stockage, anti-spam et anti-virus intégrés.
    [unhandled content-type:application/gzip][unhandled content-type:application/gzip]
     \ /
      Last update: 2007-05-23 22:43    [W:0.021 / U:15.152 seconds]