    SubjectRe: [stable] Wanted: Allow adding new device IDs during the -stable cycle
    On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 06:56:40PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

    > > > That's news to me. I didn't even realise it was possible to disable this.
    > > > Pointer?
    > >
    > > Jon Masters told me this last week at FreedomHEC, so I don't have a
    > > pointer to the patch that disables it, sorry.
    >
    > Either there's some miscommunication, or bonghits.
    >
    > (18:54:00:davej@gelk:kernel-2.6.18)$ kdiff vanilla/drivers/pci/pci-driver.c linux-2.6.18.noarch/drivers/pci/pci-driver.c
    > (18:54:10:davej@gelk:kernel-2.6.18)$
    >
    > And as there's no CONFIG option other than CONFIG_HOTPLUG (which we obviously enable)
    > I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be enabled in RHEL5.
    > (And I think mdomsch would have probably had a fit if he found out we were
    > disabling it, but that's another story ;-)

    I thought so too, which is why I was so surprised when Jon said it.

    Jon, is this really true, or was it the symptom of the 3rd pot of coffee
    you were on that day? :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2007-05-23 02:09    [W:0.021 / U:62.564 seconds]