    SubjectRe: bug in 2.6.22-rc2: loop mount limited to one single iso image
    On 5/21/07, Ken Chen <> wrote:
    > On 5/21/07, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    > > I don't have much choice. I assume it is
    > >
    > > commit 73285082 "remove artificial software max_loop limit"
    > >
    > > that introduced the new behaviour. Ken?
    > yes and no. in that commit, I automatically create n+1 device when
    > loop device n is created, allergically was tested to be fine with
    > casual usage of "losetup" and "mount -o loop". However, there is a
    > bug in that commit when loop.c was compiled as a module. And when Al
    > fixed it, he also removed that magic "n+1" trick.

    As I said before, the reporter *tested* with Al's two patches
    reverted, AND IT STILL FAILED. Your commit had to be reverted as well
    to fix the problem.

    > Nevertheless, yes, I'm guilty of introducing the new behavior.

    It's not a behavior, it's a bug. Whether you reintroduce the n+1
    inductive trick is immaterial to the problem at hand. loop.c needs to
    populate 8 or max_loop devices upon init to maintain current behavior.

      Last update: 2007-05-21 18:37    [W:0.045 / U:16.028 seconds]