SubjectRe: RSS controller v2 Test results (lmbench )
Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2007 23:20:12 +0530
> Balbir Singh <balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>

>>A meaningful container size does not hamper performance. I am in the process
>>of getting more results (with varying container sizes). Please let me know
>>what you think of the results? Would you like to see different benchmarks/
>>tests/configuration results?
>>
>>Any feedback, suggestions to move this work forward towards identifying
>>and correcting bottlenecks or to help improve it is highly appreciated.
>

> <wakes up>
>
> Memory reclaim tends not to consume much CPU. Because in steady state it
> tends to be the case that the memory reclaim rate (and hopefully the
> scanning rate) is equal to the disk IO rate.

> Often the most successful way to identify performance problems in there is
> by careful code inspection followed by development of exploits.
>
> Is this RSS controller built on Paul's stuff, or is it standalone?
it is based on Paul's patches.

> Where do we stand on all of this now anyway? I was thinking of getting Paul's
> changes into -mm soon, see what sort of calamities that brings about.
I think we can merge Paul's patches with *interfaces* and then switch to
developing/reviewing/commiting resource subsytems.
RSS control had good feedback so far from a number of people
and is a first candidate imho.

Thanks,
Kirill

  Last update: 2007-05-21 17:09    [W:0.096 / U:3.308 seconds]