    SubjectRe: Sched - graphic smoothness under load - cfs-v13 sd-0.48
    El Sat, 19 May 2007 16:02:37 -0400, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> escribió:

    > The chart is at http://www.tmr.com/~davidsen/sched_smooth_01.html for
    > your viewing pleasure. The only "tuned" result was with sd, since what I
    > observed was so bad using the default settings. If any scheduler
    > developers would like me to try other tunings or new versions let me know.

    How useful is glxgears as benchmark here? The X.org people has been saying
    for ages that "glxgears is not a benchmark". Some people (at least on ubuntu)
    even patched it so that if you want to get FPS numbers, you need to pass the
    "-iacknowledgethatthistoolisnotabenchmark" option. There's a good page
    explaining why at http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Glxgears_is_not_a_Benchmark

    I realize that it may be OK for scheduler testing, but maybe it'd be more
    interesting to test other kind of 3d benchmark tools.

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans