    SubjectRe: [RFC] log out-of-virtual-memory events
    Rik van Riel wrote:
    > Andrea Righi wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a way to keep track of the processes that fail to
    >> allocate new
    >> virtual memory. What do you think about the following approach
    >> (untested)?
    > Looks like an easy way for users to spam syslogd over and
    > over and over again.
    > At the very least, shouldn't this be dependant on print_fatal_signals?

    Anyway, with print-fatal-signals enabled a user could spam syslogd too, simply
    with a (char *)0 = 0 program, but we could always identify the spam attempts
    logging the process uid...

    In any case, I agree, it should depend on that patch...

    What about adding a simple msleep_interruptible(SOME_MSECS) at the end of
    log_vm_enomem() or, at least, a might_sleep() to limit the potential spam/second

      Last update: 2007-05-18 09:53    [W:0.021 / U:5.884 seconds]