    SubjectRe: 2.6.22-rc1-mm1
    On Fri, 18 May 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

    > young dave wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> After installation the new mm1 kernel, My system can not boot, the rc1
    >> kernel works ok.
    >> The cursor just blinks after appearing "Bios data check successful"
    >> message.
    >> what do you think about this?
    > "Bios data check successful" is not a message that comes from Linux, nor
    > from the boot loader.
    > Since you have left absolutely zero details about your system or
    > anything else, there isn't much anyone can do about it.

    It sounds vagely similar to the silent failure on elm3b132. I'm still
    bisecting this on the side. It's taking an age because the target machine
    is so slow and using a faster machine with a different compiler does not
    reproduce the problem. I don't think it's git-newsetup that is the problem
    though for what that's worth.

    Mel Gorman
    Part-time Phd Student Linux Technology Center
    University of Limerick IBM Dublin Software Lab

      Last update: 2007-05-18 19:03    [W:0.024 / U:0.408 seconds]