SubjectRe: IPv6: 6to4 tunnel randomly cutting out on 2.6.8.1 - any patches?
Date
David Miller wrote:
>> I'm currently trying to set IPv6 up on a Linux-based router. The
>> aforementioned router runs kernel 2.6.8.1, and just about all the hardware
>> driver modules are binary modules. For the record, I'd love to upgrade the
>> router to one of the newer kernels, but AIUI I can't do it because I don't
>> have the source to the bmods. But anyway...
>
> Then don't come here looking for support, because we can't
> help you.

All I said was "I can't upgrade the kernel". There's nothing stopping me
patching it, as long as nothing happens to the Ethernet and ATM driver
interface side of things - this is all protocol-layer stuff and should be well
away from the EDI. I can't honestly see why/how fixing a bug in IPv6 would
completely invalidate the way the Ethernet/ATM drivers interface with the kernel.

All I wanted to know is if if there WAS a known IPv6 routing issue in this
kernel, and then fix the kernel I've got. That would leave me with a variant
of the kernel in itself.

I'm not claiming to have found an Oops, nor am I providing an Oops log from a
tainted kernel. All I'm trying to do is find out WHY this doesn't work, IF
it's a known issue, and HOW to fix it myself.

Thanks.
--
Phil. | (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
usenet07@philpem.me.uk | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain