    SubjectRe: sysfs makes scaling suck Re: Asynchronous scsi scanning
    On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 01:45:24PM -0400, James Bottomley wrote:
    > But also, the sysfs with over 4,000 (and higher) devices was
    > specifically checked by OSDL (actually as part of the CGL testing) some
    > of the Manoj changes (for unpinning entries etc) were needed to get it
    > to function, but as of now, I believe an enterprise scaling test works
    > reasonably well for it ... there certainly wasn't any evidence of it
    > dying horribly in the tests.

    i386 exhausts lowmem very quickly. SCSI is in a bit better shape than
    network devices as the multiplier is only around 4 compared to 16 for network

    My point stands, though. Forcing every new feature to go in via sysfs is
    not the right thing to do. Some people don't/can't use it, please remember

    "Time is of no importance, Mr. President, only life is important."
    Don't Email: <>.

      Last update: 2007-05-17 19:53    [W:0.019 / U:211.948 seconds]