    SubjectRe: [patch] make pit clocksource continuous
    On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 03:18 +0400, Stas Sergeev wrote:
    > Hello.
    > Without the attached patch, I wasn't able
    > to get the PIT to work as a clocksource for
    > high-res timers.
    > I don't know whether the patch is correct,
    > but I tested it and it works.
    > Can someone please tell me what exactly
    > does this flag mean? google reveals nothing
    > sensible to me, sorry...
    > ---
    > Set CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS flag for the PIT clocksource

    Ouch no. The PIT has no continuous counter, especially not when we use
    the PIT to generate the next event interrupt with variable length

    The PIT can only be used as a clock source, when it is in periodic mode,
    but it is never continuous. If we miss one PIT interrupt the time
    keeping is hosed.

      Last update: 2007-05-13 09:17    [W:0.021 / U:7.288 seconds]