    SubjectRe: [patch] make pit clocksource continuous

    Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    >>> Not if PIT is the only clocksource available.
    I was confused as to where the above "not" applies.

    > It does _NOT_ work without pm_timer or hpet
    Thanks, now its clear enough. :)

    > hrtimer_get_res() works, but I have no idea why you need hrtimers in
    > your driver at all.
    This is a pc-speaker PCM driver which needs a
    18.5KHz periodic freq at least (the normal freq
    is 37KHz).
    I used the PIT and only PIT for it in the past,
    but now with using hrtimers, the PIT is no
    longer enough. This is a bit annoying, and
    really, after I added the flag to pit_clocksource,
    it just started to work, so I thought something
    can be done in order for it to keep working with
    PIT only. But if there is no way to do it with
    hrtimers, then oh well.

      Last update: 2007-05-13 20:17    [W:0.022 / U:1.924 seconds]