    Subjectclockevent questions
    Hi,

    I'm trying to use clocksource and clockevent new subsystem. My
    platform has a timer that I'd like to use both as a clocksource and a
    clockevent devices. This timer is continueous in sense that it can run
    without any interruption so I assume I can flag the clocksource device
    with "CLOCK_SOURCE_IS_CONTINUOUS". However I noticed that clockevent
    device can be stopped by using "set_mode()" method. Are these two
    behaviours compatible ?

    Another question is that I have another embedded 16 bits timer that I
    would like to use. Since the timer is only 16 bits, the maximum
    interval is tiny, My question if a user ask for a clockevent device
    using an interval is bigger that 2^16, the clockevent system doesn't
    return an error. Instead it silently reduce the interval to 2^16. Is
    this correct ? if so why ?

    Thanks for your answers
    --
    Francis