SubjectRe: [HOWTO] accessing the DMA mapped data
> You haven't given an example of where this might actually happen.
> The driver is where the DMA mappings almost always occur because
> that is the layer that knows the bus technology and therefore
> the correct DMA interfaces to call.
> What kind of driver do you have and what is this upper layer
> doing the mappings for you but not giving you a pointer to
> the kernel buffer as well?
Here I am dealing with a infiniband (see network
device driver. The layer above the
driver is the standard infiniband core interface. Now I have a situation
where I need to peek into the packets
and do some modifications(some hacking). So I just want know whether I
can access the original data region
using the bus address generated by the dma_map_single.

FYI, architecture I am working on is x86_64.