    SubjectRe: [HOWTO] accessing the DMA mapped data
    Hi,
    > You haven't given an example of where this might actually happen.
    >
    > The driver is where the DMA mappings almost always occur because
    > that is the layer that knows the bus technology and therefore
    > the correct DMA interfaces to call.
    >
    > What kind of driver do you have and what is this upper layer
    > doing the mappings for you but not giving you a pointer to
    > the kernel buffer as well?

    Here I am dealing with a infiniband (see www.openfabrics.org) network
    device driver. The layer above the
    driver is the standard infiniband core interface. Now I have a situation
    where I need to peek into the packets
    and do some modifications(some hacking). So I just want know whether I
    can access the original data region
    using the bus address generated by the dma_map_single.

    FYI, architecture I am working on is x86_64.

    -Mahesh

      Last update: 2007-05-10 13:43    [W:0.027 / U:31.168 seconds]