SubjectRe: [QUICKLIST 1/4] Quicklists for page table pages V5

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:03:19PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Yeah too many scary monsters in the i386 arch code. Maybe Bill Irwin can
> take a look at how to make this work? He liked the benchmarking code that
> I posted so he may have the tools to insure that it works right. Maybe he
> can figure out some additional tricks on how to make quicklists work
> better?

There shouldn't be anything all that interesting in the i386 code apart
from accommodations made for slab.c and pageattr.c. But yes, I can do
the grunt work there since I'm familiar enough with its history.

I used the i386 pagetable caching backout code to help verify that
nothing unusual was going on with generic code in this area. I can
debug the altered quicklist code in like fashion to what that was.

Basically, I'll help all this along.

-- wli

  Last update: 2007-04-10 02:29    [W:0.158 / U:0.376 seconds]