    SubjectRe: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.

    * Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

    > putting the freshly reaped tasks at the 'head' of the list is just a
    > fancy (and incomplete) way of splitting the list up into two lists, and
    > i'd advocate a clean split. Just like have have split the ptrace_list
    ^---s/have/we
    > away from the main list too.

    and in this sense your suggestion will happen:

    > > I'd almost prefer to just not add kernel threads to any parent
    > > process list *at*all*.

    because that way kernel threads will never show up in the to-be-reaped
    list, they'll only show up in the main list that represents the tree of
    tasks.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2007-04-06 19:35    [W:0.028 / U:2.208 seconds]