SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [RFC] HID bus design overview.
Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Li Yu wrote:
>> What's the position of hidraw? It only is used when all other driver
>> is not usable on some report? or, it should be stick every working
>> device.
> Current implementation (as you can see it in -mm or in my hid.git
> tree) is creating hidraw interface for just every HID
> device/interface. But this will get changed before merge.
> Passing just everything to hidraw is not a good option, as this could
> lead to confusion and duplicating of input events (i.e. in-kernel hid
> driver processes the report and generates input_event(), and also
> userland driver obtains data from hidraw and generates input event
> through uinput ... not good).

I apologize for picking up this thread late and asking what may be a
question with an obvious answer...

Will hiddev still exist after hidraw and the HID bus redesign work is
done? I have a widely-deployed userspace app that relies on hiddev, and
I'm looking for reassurance that it will still work as it always has...