    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [RFC] HID bus design overview.
    Jiri Kosina wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Li Yu wrote:
    >> What's the position of hidraw? It only is used when all other driver
    >> is not usable on some report? or, it should be stick every working
    >> device.
    > Current implementation (as you can see it in -mm or in my hid.git
    > tree) is creating hidraw interface for just every HID
    > device/interface. But this will get changed before merge.
    > Passing just everything to hidraw is not a good option, as this could
    > lead to confusion and duplicating of input events (i.e. in-kernel hid
    > driver processes the report and generates input_event(), and also
    > userland driver obtains data from hidraw and generates input event
    > through uinput ... not good).

    I apologize for picking up this thread late and asking what may be a
    question with an obvious answer...

    Will hiddev still exist after hidraw and the HID bus redesign work is
    done? I have a widely-deployed userspace app that relies on hiddev, and
    I'm looking for reassurance that it will still work as it always has...

      Last update: 2007-04-05 01:05    [W:0.030 / U:33.252 seconds]