SubjectRe: missing madvise functionality
Hugh Dickins wrote:

> (I didn't understand how Rik would achieve his point 5, _no_ lock
> contention while repeatedly re-marking these pages, but never mind.)

The CPU marks them accessed&dirty when they are reused.

The VM only moves the reused pages back to the active list
on memory pressure. This means that when the system is
not under memory pressure, the same page can simply stay
PG_lazyfree for multiple malloc/free rounds.

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group