    SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc5-mm4
    On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 15:59 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:

    > > > Could you enable NMI or something and get me a stackdump? PPC is notorious
    > > > for having strange NUMA issues. Any fallbacks from node 0 on bootstrap? Is
    > > > there memory on node 0?
    > >

    > > Seems to be an issue with calibrate_delay() spinning in a tight
    > > loop :(
    > >
    > > BTW, machine boots fine with SLAB code - not sure why ?
    >
    > SLUB does not guarantee the special casing that SLAB provides for
    > page sized allocations via kmalloc. SLAB aligns page sized allocations on
    > page boundaries and does not allow full debugging of page sized
    > allocations in order to keep these slabs on page sized boundaries.
    >
    > I suspect this is related. I could add the same special casing to SLUB.
    > But I really wish we would get rid of special slab behavior depending on
    > the size of the slab. Maybe there is no way around it. Sigh.
    >
    > What is the data that calibrate delay is looking at?

    Its stuck in following ..

    while ((loops_per_jiffy <<= 1) != 0) {
    /* wait for "start of" clock tick */
    ticks = jiffies;
    while (ticks == jiffies)
    /* nothing */;
    /* Go .. */
    ticks = jiffies;
    __delay(loops_per_jiffy);
    ticks = jiffies - ticks;
    if (ticks)
    break;
    }

    Its stuck in (tight loop)

    while (ticks == jiffies)
    /* nothing */;

    I have no idea, what this code is supposed to be doing :(
    Let me know, what I can do for you.

    Thanks,
    Badari

      Last update: 2007-04-04 01:43    [W:0.025 / U:1.756 seconds]