    SubjectRe: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v6
    On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:30:30AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > In fact, what I'd like to see in 2.6.22 is something better for
    > > everybody and with *no* regression, even if it's not perfect.
    > >
    > > I had the feeling that SD matched that goal right now, [...]
    > curious, which are the reports where in your opinion CFS behaves worse
    > than vanilla?

    see below :-)

    > There were two audio skipping reports against CFS, the
    > most serious one got resolved and i hope the other one has been resolved
    > by the same fix as well. (i'm still waiting for feedback on that one)

    your answer to your question above ;-)
    Yes, we're all waiting for feedback. And I said I did not track the
    versions involved, so it is possible that all previously encountered
    regressions are fixed by now.

    > > [...] except for Mike who has not tested recent versions. [...]
    > actually, dont discount Mark Lord's test results either. And it might be
    > a good idea for Mike to re-test SD 0.46?

    In any case, it might be a good idea because Mike encountered a problem
    that nobody could reproduce. It may come from hardware, scheduler design,
    scheduler bug, or any other bug, but whatever the cause, it would be
    interesting to conclude on it.

    > Ingo

      Last update: 2007-04-29 09:41    [W:0.021 / U:85.428 seconds]