SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.21
On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:40:07PM +0200, Diego Calleja wrote:
> So unless someone is willing to write such tool (which I doubt, since it
> doesn't looks easy), all this discussion seems pointless, and we should
> stick with this http://kernelnewbies.org/known_regressions page
> which is showing to be quite useful :)

This list currently contains 29 known regressions.
Someone has to manually add them.
Someone has to manually track the status of all of them.
Someone has to manually group related regressions (e.g. in the same
subsystem) together.

The kernel Bugzilla currently contains 1600 open bugs.

Maintaining a regression list by hand was really a pain when during
2.6.21-rc we had 36 known regressions.

Any approach that does not involve some kind of tracker with some kind
of database simply doesn't scale.

Bugzilla might not be perfect, but it works and it's better than doing
it by hand.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.