    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.21
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Andi Kleen wrote:
    >> - Ask more people to just categorize and reassign bugs (anybody interested?)
    >> - Give more people in bugzilla the power to reassign arbitary bugs
    >> (bugzilla maintainers would need to do that)
    >
    > I think both of these are good ideas, but I don't think it's enough. There
    > must be some better form of bug tracking than bugzilla. Some relly
    > distributed way of letting people work together, *without* having to
    > congregate on some central web-site kind of thing. A "git for bugs", where
    > you can track bugs locally and without a web interface.
    >
    > And I think it would be something much closer to "distributed email mbox
    > with status tracking facilities", _not_ a web clicky interface.

    It has to be able to suck in reports from people who don't know much
    about how the Linux guys handle bugs, and has to keep the reporters
    involved up until a bug can be closed. IOW it has to be compatible with
    integrators, developers, and reporters/testers. Luckily though, not all
    of them need all of that system's features. ('system' == the right
    people with the right tools)
    --
    Stefan Richter