    SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc7-mm2
    Andrew Morton wrote:

    >> drivers/net/Kconfig:2327:warning: 'select' used by config symbol
    >> 'UCC_GETH' refer to undefined symbol 'UCC_FAST'
    >
    > Yes, we get so many of those that I tend to ignore them, assuming that
    > someone will pick it up and fix it.

    Is this being compiled on a non-ppc/powerpc platform? That might explain it. UCC_GETH is
    defined in drivers/net/Kconfig, but UCC_FAST is defined in
    arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/Kconfig. So I supposed if you don't compile for ARCH=powerpc,
    then arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/Kconfig is never loaded?

    If that's the case, then we're always going to have this problem with platform-dependent
    drivers in the /drivers/ directory. The ucc_geth driver depends on the "QE library",
    which is present only on some PowerPC processors, so we put the config options for the QE
    in arch/powerpc. But since ucc_geth is a standard Ethernet driver, it exists in drivers/net.

    --
    Timur Tabi
    Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale