SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc7-mm2
Andrew Morton wrote:

>> drivers/net/Kconfig:2327:warning: 'select' used by config symbol
>> 'UCC_GETH' refer to undefined symbol 'UCC_FAST'
>
> Yes, we get so many of those that I tend to ignore them, assuming that
> someone will pick it up and fix it.

Is this being compiled on a non-ppc/powerpc platform? That might explain it. UCC_GETH is
defined in drivers/net/Kconfig, but UCC_FAST is defined in
arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/Kconfig. So I supposed if you don't compile for ARCH=powerpc,
then arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/Kconfig is never loaded?

If that's the case, then we're always going to have this problem with platform-dependent
drivers in the /drivers/ directory. The ucc_geth driver depends on the "QE library",
which is present only on some PowerPC processors, so we put the config options for the QE
in arch/powerpc. But since ucc_geth is a standard Ethernet driver, it exists in drivers/net.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale