SubjectRe: [1/3] 2.6.21-rc7: known regressions (v2)
Date
Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 05:51:11PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> 2.6.20.

> one
> patch

> answering.

> it's

>> > It turned out this was actually a bug in Gammu that will be fixed in
>> > the next release of Gammu.
>>
>> Ah, ok, thanks for letting me know.
>>
>> But how was the kernel version change triggering it?
>
> I don't know, perhaps a side effect of Eric's work in kernel/signal.c?

Perhaps there has been a bit of churn. Most of what I have done has
been fixing corner cases like not sending a signal to the wrong task,
after our original target has exited.

Although in conjunction with Oleg and some others there has been things
like changing locking to rcu or making locks more local so the timing
may have changed. Which is make some subtle timing thing my best
guess. For timing changes just about anything could have triggered
something.

I took a quick glance at the code and I certainly touched some of
the helpers like send_sigio that seem to be called by fasync
processing but I haven't a clue what FASYNC really does. So I'm
having trouble putting this all into perspective.

I guess it's possible I fixed something without realizing it.

Eric

  Last update: 2007-04-25 10:29    [W:0.142 / U:2.272 seconds]