    SubjectRe: Question about Reiser4
    lkml777@123mail.org wrote:

    >As I understand it, the default Reiser4 DOES NOT USE any compression at
    >all, not even tail compression,

    ^tail compression^tail conversion
    Reiser4 does use tail conversion by default.

    > but saves space by eliminating block
    >alignment wastage (tail compression is an option).
    >
    >So lets LOSE the statistics that involve compression. The results now
    >look like this:
    >
    >.-------------------------.
    >| FILESYSTEM | TIME |DISK |
    >| TYPE |(secs)|USAGE|
    >.-------------------------.
    >|REISER4 | 3462 | 692 |
    >|EXT2 | 4092 | 816 |
    >|JFS | 4225 | 806 |
    >|EXT4 | 4408 | 816 |
    >|EXT3 | 4421 | 816 |
    >|XFS | 4625 | 779 |
    >|REISER3 | 6178 | 793 |
    >|FAT32 |12342 | 988 |
    >|NTFS-3g |10414 | 772 |
    >
    >These results are still EXTREMELY GOOD for REISER4.

    Everything is not so simple in the science of testing..
    Would you please change direction of your activity to stressing
    instead of benchmarking? Caught oopses would have great value..
    OK?

    Regards,
    Edward.

      Last update: 2007-04-25 17:05    [W:0.025 / U:0.016 seconds]