SubjectRe: Question about Reiser4
Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> writes:

> To get it unstuck we'd need a general push, get people looking at and testing
> the code, get the vendors to have a serious think about it, etc. We could do
> that - it'd require that the namesys people (and I) start making threatening
> noises about merging it, I guess.

My impression was that a lot of negative discussion came out of some of the
user interface inventions in r4 (like sys_reiser4 and the
new incompatible EA interface).

I guess a good strategy to get it going would be to extract just
a "core reiser4" out of it that is just a file system without
any new interfaces like this.

I would expect that reviewing that would be much smoother
because people could actually concentrate on the technical details.

-Andi

  Last update: 2007-04-23 20:09    [W:0.131 / U:23.400 seconds]