    SubjectRe: [RFC] Cpu-hotplug: Using the Process Freezer (try2)
    On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:16:12AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > hm, shouldnt the make be frozen immediately?
    > doesnt the 'please freeze ASAP' flag get propagated to all tasks,
    > immediately? After that point any cloning activity should duplicate that
    > flag too, resulting in any new child freezing immediately too.

    afaics, setting the 'please freeze asap' flag is racy wrt dup_task_struct
    (where the child's tsk->thread_info->flags are copied from its parent?).
    Secondly, from what I understand, it takes a 'flag to be set + signal marked
    pending' for the child task to be frozen. If that is the case, then
    copy_process may not propogae the signal to the child, which could mean
    mean that we can be in a catch-up game in freeze_processes, trying to
    freeze processes we didnt see in earlier passes.

    I think copy_process() can check for something like this:

    if (freezing(current))
    freeze_process(p); /* function exported by freezer */

      Last update: 2007-04-02 11:23    [W:0.022 / U:16.604 seconds]