SubjectRe: [RFC 1/2] Input: ff, add FF_RAW effect
Date
Hi,

On Thursday 19 April 2007 00:25, johann deneux wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@gmail.com> wrote:
> > johann deneux napsal(a):
> > > Jiri,
> > >
> > > Which solution did you chose to implement? From what I remember, we
> > > last discussed Dmitry's idea of specifying an axis for an effect, then
> > > combine several effects to achieve complex effects.
> >
> > I think you mean motor instead of axis, because I don't push real axes to
> > the devices, but motor's torques...
> >

> Yes, sorry, I meant motor.

I have been thinking about this and I don't think that exporting motor
data is a good idea, at least not in case of Phantom driver. The fact
that there are 3 motors is a hardware implementation detail and it
is not interesting for general application.

My understanding that the end result of controlling these 3 motors
is a force vector (I don't know if there is such english term, this
is a literal translation from russian) applied to user's hand.
If we are interested in using FF API we need to come up with a way
to express this effect without exposing implementation details of
one particular device.

--
Dmitry