    SubjectRe: MMCv4 support (8-bit support missing)
    Madhusudhan c wrote:

    > The bus test procedure from this patch can be adopted to the MMCv4
    > support in the MMC core with small changes to do bus testing procedure
    > only if the host sets the capability to support 8-bit. That way we
    > dont break the legacy code. What do you think?

    Until 8-bit SD shows up, at which point things go to hell again.

    You need to present a valid case for why we need this bus testing stuff. The
    spec never requires it, and neither does any cards. So this is just crud that we
    know causes problems and doesn't give us anything back.

    Rgds
    Pierre

      Last update: 2007-04-19 18:27    [W:0.017 / U:2.416 seconds]