    SubjectRe: Renice X for cpu schedulers
    Con Kolivas wrote:
    s go ahead and think up great ideas for other ways of metering out cpu
    > bandwidth for different purposes, but for X, given the absurd simplicity of
    > renicing, why keep fighting it? Again I reiterate that most users of SD have
    > not found the need to renice X anyway except if they stick to old habits of
    > make -j4 on uniprocessor and the like, and I expect that those on CFS and
    > Nicksched would also have similar experiences.

    Just plain "make" (no -j2 or -j9999) is enough to kill interactivity
    on my 2GHz P-M single-core non-HT machine with SD.

    But with the very first posted version of CFS by Ingo,
    I can do "make -j2" no problem and still have a nicely interactive destop.

      Last update: 2007-04-19 15:19    [W:0.022 / U:177.204 seconds]