SubjectRe: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]
Hi Nick,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 06:29:54AM +0200, Nick Piggin wrote:
> And my scheduler for example cuts down the amount of policy code and
> code size significantly. I haven't looked at Con's ones for a while,
> but I believe they are also much more straightforward than mainline...
> For example, let's say all else is equal between them, then why would
> we go with the O(logN) implementation rather than the O(1)?

Of course, if this is the case, the question will be raised. But as a
general rule, I don't see much potential in O(1) to finely tune scheduling
according to several criteria. In O(logN), you can adjust scheduling in
realtime at a very low cost. Better processing of varying priorities or
fork() comes to mind.